- Should, if possible, attend the Delegates Meeting, usually the last
Sunday in February. (If unable to attend it would be appreciated if a
deputy could be sent.)
- Should attend the AGM at the end of the season.
- Should keep members informed of all County business as necessary, by displaying all County Posters and any correspondence, if appropriate, on your club’s Northern Counties ’ Notice Board as soon as it is received. This should be in a prominent position.
- Should send ALL correspondence relating to County business to the Secretary in the first instance.
- Report to your club AGM on matters relating to County golf e.g. team performance, financial statement, Northern Counties winners from your club etc. and answer where possible any queries, always remembering that should you not know the answer refer to the Secretary or the Captain.
- Encorage Lady members of your golf club to play in countgy events.
- Handicap lists of all club members : At the start and end of the season please send a copy of the handicap list of all club members to the County Captain. This enables us to identify potential team players who are perhaps not members of the County. Also it keeps us focused on knowing where the improving players are, who may aspire to be in the County Team.
- It would be appreciated if you could encourage your club to offer their course as a venue for County fixtures sometime in the future. A list of clubs, which have hosted fixtures in the past is available.
- Inform the Secretary immediately of any changes in your circumstances e.g. new delegate or change of address.
Should you have any questions or problems please contact the County Secretary, or if not available, the County Captain who will be pleased to answer your queries.
Without your continued support and hard work it would be a more onerous task to administer the County, so thank you for all your assistance and hopefully the above duties have been simplified.
Delegates are reminded that all databases are held in confidence by the County Secretary and should not be used by yourselves or any of the members without the express permission of the County Officials.
Please remind your trophy winners to return engraved trophies in good time for the following year.
Finally we hope you enjoy your golf and encourage your members to do likewise.